There may come a time in your life when you want to start your own website. At that point, you will need to decide if you want to design the website yourself or hire a professional website development company to do it for you. Web development is another way of saying web design. While designing a website may seem easy, there are many things that go into it. That is the main reason why many people ultimately decide to have an experienced team design their website for them.
Departments of a web development company
- IT Department: They handle the hosting of the site
- Marketing Department: They handle the content on the site. They also help with any analysis and goals that the site wants to reach
- Development Department: They handle the programming of the site
- Design Department: They handle the layouts, graphics and overall appearance of the site
Many people incorrectly assume that designing a website only involves domain name registration, locating a web template and using one of many available programs to design the site. While it is true that you can create a rudimentary site by doing this, it will certainly not be a site that looks professional and entices potential customers to find out more about your business. The functionality of the site will also suffer when using this method to create it. If you decide to use a web design company, you will simply need to tell the company what type of business you are running and what your goals are for your business and the site.
The creation of a website follows a general blueprint that consists of the following:
- Initial consultation: Meeting with the customer to explain how the company's style of website design can benefit their business
- Design consultation: Determining what requirements there are for the site in terms of design
- Proposal: All of the estimated costs of designing the site are outlined for the customer
- Developing: Purchasing web hosting and the domain name. Creating email and site accounts
- Clarification: Finalizing the cost, timeframe, design and signing the contract
- Launching: Enabling the site to get up and running